MEDFORD, Ore. -- The Medford Police Department said at around 12:45pm Saturday, officers from the Medford Police Department were dispatched to the report of a vehicle which had crashed into Sherm's Food 4 Less on Biddle Road in Medford.
The driver, 68-year-old Jerrie Saewert, was rushed to the hospital and is currently undergoing treatment.
Officers arrived on scene and found the driver of the vehicle was unconscious and not breathing.
Officers said an ordinary citizen and a Medford Police Office performed CPR on the driver. Medford Fire and Mercy Flights personnel later took over upon their arrival.
The initial investigation determined the driver of the involved vehicle suffered a medical emergency which caused her to crash into the building. No other vehicles were involved and no one inside the business was injured.
- 'Medical Emergency' Causes Woman to Drive into Sherm's Food 4 Less
- Sherm's Thunderbird Markets Fills ACCESS's Warehouse
- Season for Sharing: Holiday Toy & Food Drive
- OSF Rush Ticket Sales Benefit Ashland Emergency Food Bank
- 1 Week Left in Salvation Army Toy & Food Drive
- Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive Returns on May 12
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival Offers $10 Tickets With Food Drive Donations
- ACCESS Hopes for Final Push to Make Food Drive Goals
- Medical Eye Center
- Woman Arrested For Drunk Driving Spree