MEDFORD, ORE --- A Medford nurse has the highest AARP honor.
Geneva Craig was honored for her volunteerism and public service this weekend in Medford. She received the award a tAsante Rogue Regional Medical Center.
She credits her mother, aunt and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr for growing her passion in health care. She first became a registered nurse and then earned her PHD.
NewsWatch 12 learned what her reaction was when she found out she was getting this honor. "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness. More work, because I felt like ok I'm working hard and I'm doing what I love doing. Which is working with people serving." said Geneva Craig PHD RN.
She adds it was wonderful being validated. People noticed how hard she was working. Now she says she needs to step it up and do more.
To see the full details on why Dr. Craig was nominated check out this other article.
- Medford nurse receives AARP's highest honor
- Medford nurse awarded AARP's 'highest honor for public service'
- Providence Medford Nurses Picket for Better Hours
- Medford Nurses & Providence Reach 'Tentative' Agreement
- Hoover Elementary in Medford receives seismic upgrade
- Memorial Run To Honor Medford Father
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival receives historic honor
- South Medford Star Receiver Chase Cota Commits to UCLA
- Medford Family Selected To Receive Three Months Rental Assistance
- Medford airport receives nearly $1 million in grants for improvements