GRANTS PASS, Ore. -- A Medford man is seriously injured after police say he was hit by a car on Rogue River Highway in front of the Burger King. The Grants Pass Department of Public Safety say 21-year-old Tyler Lyons ran out in front of the car, and alcohol was a major factor in the incident.
Police got the call at midnight. They say Lyons was in the roadway while the car, a 2004 Honda Civic, was pulled over on the side of the road.
The driver of the car, Jeffrey Kime Pelt, was cooperative with the investigation and was not impaired by intoxicants. The roadway was reopened around 1:51 a.m. and police are continuing to investigate the incident.
Police say this part of the roadway is not an area for pedestrians to cross, it is about 100 yards from marked crosswalks. Police want to remind everyone to use caution when crossing roadways, and to utilize crosswalks when applicable.
Pelt was lodged in the Josephine County Jail on an unrelated parole board warrant.
- Medford man injured after running out in front of car
- Memorial Run To Honor Medford Father
- Car Crashes into Utility Pole in Medford
- Medford Police Sees Spike in Car Thefts
- Medford Police Seek Car Theft Suspect
- Woman arrested after car chase throughout Medford
- Car stolen from Medford car dealership crashes in Central Point
- Police: Man dies after walking in front of a car on Hwy 99
- Child Injured After Driver Hits School Bus in Medford
- Police Identify Suspect in Medford Pursuit; Officer Reported Injured