Photo Gallery 4 Images
ASHLAND, Ore. – Jackson County Sheriff's deputies say a Medford man fell to his death Wednesday night while hiking along Lost Falls trail northeast of Ashland. The Search and Rescue tactical rope rescue team recovered his body at the bottom of a 100-foot, steep cliff.
Deputies say just after 8 p.m. a woman called dispatch saying a man had fallen off that trail. She had to hike to another area to get cell phone service in order to call 911. Deputies, Ashland Fire-Resuce and Mercy flights arrived to the scene. Deputies say the man was found dead in the water at the bottom of the cliff.
The victim was identified as Michael Kent Brewster, 63, of Medford. His family has been notified of his death.
Search and Rescue went back to the scene Thursday morning to recover Brewster’s body during daylight hours. An investigator with the Jackson County Medical Examiner’s Office went with SAR during the recovery effort. The cause and manner of death is under investigation.
- Medford man falls to his death while hiking near Ashland
- Medford Woman Hospitalized After 100-Foot Fall While Hiking
- Ashland Man Goes Solar
- Ashland Water
- DeBoer to Host Town Halls in Medford and Ashland
- Death of Medford Man Found in Ditch Ruled Accidental
- Medford Police: Fentanyl Linked to Overdose Deaths
- Ashland Chamber of Commerce
- Ashland Independent Film Festival
- Ashland Festival of Light