MEDFORD, Ore. -- A 59-year-old Medford man has been arrested for sharing child pornography, according to the Medford Police Department (MPD).
An investigation began in August of 2019, when Medford Police started looking into a local resident believed to be involved in the sharing of child pornography.
"While these images are not believed to be of local children, they were being shared and downloaded nationwide via the internet," MPD said.
Thanks to advancements in "Child Rescue Coalition Technology," Medford detectives were able to track these images to a computer inside a home in the 900-block of Mt. Pitt Street, Medford.
Police searched the home and found both Hanson and evidence of child pornography. Computers and electronic devices were seized during the search warrant.
Hanson was arrested on 3 counts of Encouraging Child Sex Abuse 1st Degree, and 3 counts of Encouraging Child Sex Abuse 2nd Degree, bail $100,000.
- Police: Medford man arrested after evidence of child pornography was found in his home
- Grants Pass Man Accused of Holding Child Pornography
- Former Oregon Teaching Aide Gets 28 Years for Child Pornography
- Police Identify Man Found Dead in Downtown Medford
- Medford Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Medford Police Arrest Bank Robbery Suspect
- Medford Police Scour Greenway, Make 11 Arrests
- UPDATE: Missing Medford Senior Found
- Elderly Medford Woman Found Safe
- Rabid bat found in Medford