MEDFORD, Ore. -- The Medford School District is upping its security measures by approving another school resource officer. The school district now has the most school resource officers per capita in the entire state. The addition is to add more police presence at its secondary and elementary schools. The new officer will be added once MPD is able to hire someone for the position.
This isn't the only change in security for the school district. By the end of September, each Medford school will come equipped with a single point of entry and a doorbell system. Faculty and staff are also undergoing ALICE training, a specialized training to prepare for an active shooter situation.
For more information on this story, watch NewsWatch 12 This Morning at 5 and 6 a.m.
- Medford School District Approves Fifth School Resource Officer
- Medford School District Tackles Child Obesity
- Medford School District Pilots 'Sixth Grade Academy'
- Medford Church Expansion Approved
- Medford School District Adds A Day Due To Earlier Snow
- Medford School District Installs New Doorbell Security Systems
- Athletics Affected by Smoke Cause Medford School District Logistical Nightmare
- Medford Schools See Increase in Graduation Rate
- UPDATE: Structure Fire Contained Near Medford School
- Breaking Down The Medford School Bond