MEDFORD, Ore. —
UPDATE: In a Tweet sent just minutes ago, Pacific Power estimated that power would be restored in the Medford by 7:30 p.m. They claim that the cause of the outage is still under investigation.
Pacific Power confirmed that the epicenter of the outage is the area around Northgate Marketplace (near Trader Joe's and REI).
Our crews have responded to the Medford, OR outage affecting approximately 2882 customers. The cause of the outage under investigation. The estimated time of restoration is 7:30p. For continuous updates please visit us at https://t.co/NsT494jHsK or text OUT to 759677
— Pacific Power OR (@PacificPower_OR) October 4, 2018
(Updated 10/4/18 at 4:16 p.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: A blown transformer near north Medford has left several major intersections near the Rogue Valley Mall without operating traffic lights, according to the Medford Police Department (MPD).
Pacific Power's website shows more than 2,800 customers without power at this time. A representative from Pacific Power would not comment on how long the outage could last, what the extent of the outage may be, or what may have caused it.
This is a developing story and NewsWatch 12 has a reporter headed to the scene. We will update this article with more details as they emerge.
- Medford Power Outage Brings Down Traffic Lights
- Power Outages Affect Hundreds
- Crash causes power outages in Medford and beyond
- Pacific Power Reports Power Outage in Ashland
- Preparing for a power outage
- "Avengers: Endgame" brings more foot traffic, business to Medford Center
- Power outage affects thousands in Curry County
- Power outage affecting thousands in Douglas County
- UPDATE: Power Outage in West Medford Caused by Car Crash, Now Resolved
- Pacific Power Investigating Power Outage in Gold Hill