MEDFORD, Ore. -- The United States Postal Service in offering special retail hours at one of its Medford post offices to make last-minute shipping just a little less stressful. The USPS Post Office at 325 Riverside Ave. will be open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 16.
This will be the second Saturday USPS has offered extra hours to help with shipping and encourage senders to get their packages in before the biggest week for shipping. USPS spokesperson Peter Hass says the week of December 18th is the busiest week for sending and receiving packages at the US Post Office.
"It's to everyone's benefit to come into the post office or ship your packages as early as possible," said Hass. "We've seen some weather impacts in the Southeast already this year. Sometimes those things can cause delays. The safest bet is to get those packages ready to go and get those packages into the mail as soon as you can."
Hass says shoppers should be aware of approaching packaging deadlines including December 19th, which is the deadline for cards and mail to make it before the holiday. December 20th is the deadline for priority mail and December 22 is the deadline for priority mail express.
USPS is also offering some tips on shipping during the holidays through its website.
- Medford Post Office Offers Holiday Retail Hours
- Car Crashes Into Post Office On Riverside Ave. in Medford
- Providence Medford Nurses Picket for Better Hours
- Providence Medford Offers Free Lung Cancer Screenings
- UPDATE: Medford Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested Just Hours Later
- Fireworks retail sale season starts
- Post Office Workers Anticipate Tax Day Rush
- Medford Police Officer Gives Girl Replacement Bike
- Hands-on Learning Classes Already Offered at Medford Schools
- Holiday Travel