Photo Gallery 4 Images
MEDFORD, Ore. — Four people have been arrested and one person remains at large in connection with the burglary of a local archery shop that happened in May, according to an update from the Medford Police Department (MPD).
On May 18, several disguised suspects smashed through the front door of Dewclaw Archery on W Main Street, grabbing eight compound bows and a cash register. MPD said that the burglars caused $800 in damage to the business.
"The crime was caught on video surveillance and shared on our Facebook page," the agency said.
That footage garnered several valuable tips, MPD said, helping detectives with leads on the case. Since May, detectives have conducted a number of interviews, collected key evidence, and located six of the eight stolen bows.
Now four suspects have been arrested in connected with the crime — 23-year-old Christian Douglas Cochran, 22-year-old Jordan Eric Lee Cardenas, 31-year-old Brandi Rachael Shamblin, and 25-year-old Jeremy Giblin [left to right, above]. Cochran and Cardenas each face burglary, theft and criminal mischief charges for participation in the crime, while Shamblin and Giblin are charged with theft by receiving.
"The investigation revealed that Aguiar, Cochran and Cardenas committed the burglary, and Shamblin and Giblin received the stolen property after the crime," MPD said.
37-year-old Richard Anthony Aguiar — most likely the large man seen smashing the archery shop's door — has not been caught. He is described as 6'2" tall and 420 pounds.
There is an active felony warrant for Aguiar's arrest. Anyone with information on his whereabouts should call 911 or the Medford Police non-emergency line at 541-770-4783.
- Medford Police make arrests in Dewclaw Archery burglary
- Moonbow Archery
- Three people rob archery store in Medford
- Medford Police Scour Greenway, Make 11 Arrests
- Arrest Made In Connection With Recent Medford Burglaries
- Medford Police Identify Suspect in String of Burglaries
- Police: Suspects in Medford Burglaries Found With Stolen Car, Guns
- Medford Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Medford Police Arrest Bank Robbery Suspect
- Archery season for elk and deer starts this weekend