MEDFORD, Ore. -- The Medford Police Department is warning businesses of a scam after a local Subway restaurant fell victim to it.
MPD said the scammer calls the business and convinces the employee they are with corporate, then convinces the employee to count the money, close the business for the day and put the money onto prepaid gifts cards.
The scammer also convinces the employee to give their personal bank account information so they can wire them a reward.
MPD hopes sharing information of this scam will prevent other businesses from becoming victims.
- Medford Police Warns Businesses of Scam
- Medford Police warn about scam
- Online Business Scam Claims It's Located In Medford
- Police Warn Of IRS Scam Phone Calls
- Medford Police Warn of Suspected Scammer
- Medford Police Investigating Stabbing
- IRS Warns of Phishing Tax Scams
- 16 Medford Businesses Burglarized In One Month
- The Village Medford Center Welcomes New Businesses
- Medford Family Trying To Adopt Again After Being Scammed