MEDFORD, Ore. — Officers with the Medford Police Department (MPD) made 11 arrests Wednesday night after performing a sweep of campsites along the Bear Creek Greenway.
The operation began when MPD posted "prohibited camping" signs in the area earlier this week. Then, overnight on Wednesday, officers checked on campsites in the Greenway.
According to MPD, most of the people contacted in those camps had outstanding warrants for their arrest.
"People may read this and think that the bike path is inherently unsafe," MPD said in a Facebook post. "That is not true. We have very few issues with bicyclists and pedestrians being harassed. Many people use the bike path every day with no issues. With that being said, we always suggest practicing personal safety."
MPD says that they have partnered with Jackson County Community Justice who brought in work crews to clean up the area—a project which is still ongoing.
The list of arrests and charges is as follows:
Chapman, Adam - Warrant for Possession of Meth, Failure to Register as a Sex Offender
Howard, Amy - Warrant for Possession of Meth
Scott, Jason Allen - Warrant for Possession of Meth
Forsythe,Tommy Lee - Warrant for Failure to Register as a Sex Offender and Possession of Heroin
Hargreaves, Keli Lynn - Warrant for Assaulting a Police Officer, Resisting Arrest
Capetillo,Victor Chavez - Warrant for Possession of Meth, Contempt, Possession of Heroin
Parks, Manuel - Warrant for Possession of Meth, Probation Violation
Carney, Ira Dean - Warrant for Burglary 2nd Degree
Jackson, Nathan Ray - Warrant for Failure to Register as a Sex Offender
Brashears, Ryan - Warrant for Fugitive out of State
Knutson, Davik Sven - Warrant for Possession of Meth and Dangerous Drugs
- Medford Police Scour Greenway, Make 11 Arrests
- Crews Mopping Up Greenway Fire
- Police: Transients Started Greenway Fire While 'Smoking Meth'
- Medford Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Medford Police Arrest Bank Robbery Suspect
- Medford Police Investigating Stabbing
- Medford Police warn about scam
- Medford Police Announce Crosswalk Stakeout
- Vintage Postal Biplanes Make Landing in Medford
- Multiple Agencies Sweep Greenway Near Table Rock Road