MEDFORD, Ore. — Medford Police say to be on the lookout for an armed and dangerous suspect from a shooting on Sunday.
The suspect is named Chester Iodence. MPD describes him as 33 years old, 5'11", and 185 pounds.
Police say on Sunday around 3:00pm, Medford Police officers responded to the Village Apartments in the 700 block of Royal Avenue for a hit and run report.
A resident of the apartment complex reported a vehicle had struck three vehicles in the parking lot as it exited. Police say gun shots had also been heard in the area.
The investigation revealed that a suspect—later identified as 33-year-old Chester Iodence—was observed riding a stolen bicycle into the complex parking lot.
Police say when he was confronted by the owner of the bike, Iodence armed himself with a large knife.
Authorities say someone tried to intervene when Iodence revealed a handgun and fired several times at the two.
A third person associated with the victim was in a vehicle, and Iodence fired four shots into the driver’s compartment including two shots through the front windshield. The victim driving the vehicle was not injured.
As the victim fled the parking lot in the vehicle, he collided with several parked cars.
Police say all of the involved subjects fled the scene prior to police arrival but have been identified and interviewed.
Iodence has not been located and there is Probable Cause for his arrest. He is considered armed and dangerous.
Iodence is facing pending charges of Attempted Murder and Attempted Assault.
- Medford Police Looking For Armed and Dangerous Shooting Suspect
- Medford Police Search for Armed Robbery Suspect
- Police: Medford armed robbery suspect in custody
- Police Arrest Armed Suspect
- Medford Police looking for shooting suspect
- Police Arrest Suspect in Medford Taxi Cab 'Armed' Robbery
- Police Arrest Suspect in July Armed Robbery at Medford Subway
- Grants Pass Police Searching for Suspect Considered 'Armed and Dangerous'
- Police Search For Suspected 'Armed and Dangerous' Shooter
- Police: 'Armed and dangerous' suspect still at large after shooting at Howdy Doody's