MEDFORD, Ore. -- Medford Police Detectives are currently investigating a shooting that occurred early this morning at an apartment in the 800 Block of Ellendale Avenue. The victim, 39-year-old Thomas Peterson, is now dead and the suspect, 23-year-old Cody Templeton, has been charged with murder.
MEDFORD, Ore. -- Medford Police Detectives are currently investigating a shooting that occurred early this morning at an apartment in the 800 Block of Ellendale Avenue.
Early Saturday morning at 1:37 AM, Medford Police say officers were dispatched to an assault with a weapon after receiving two 911 calls. Officers say they found four people inside the residence, including the victim. They say the victim is a 39 year old man who had and was staying at the apartment. Police say he had a gunshot wound to his head and was taken to the hospital by Mercy ambulance. He is in critical condition.
The Medford Police Department says MPD Detectives were called out to handle the investigation. They say the investigation shows 23 year old Cody Templeton is the suspect. He is lodged at the Jackson County Jail for one count of Attempted Murder and one count of Assault in the 1st Degree. He is being held on $200,000 bail.
Investigators say this is an on-going, active investigation. The motive and the events leading up to the shooting are still being investigated. Detectives believe three people left the location beford officers got there. They also believe these three individuals could be witnesses to the shooting.
Police say at around 10:00 AM detectives executed a search warrant at the residence. They say there was evidence of drug activity occurring inside the residence when the shooting occurred.
The Medford Police Department is asking anyone with information regarding the three witnesses who left prior to police arriving to contact the Medford Police Department Criminal Investigations Division at (541)774-2230.
- Update: Murder Suspect Appears in Court
- UPDATE: Suspect in Medford Slaying Charged, Enters 'Denial' to Murder
- UPDATE: Victim, Suspect Identified from Apparent Murder-Suicide Near Merlin
- Teen Accused of Shoving Friend Off Bridge Appears in Court
- Watson vs Walmart Case Appears in Court Today
- Synagogue Suspect in Court; Survivors Recall Ordeal
- Authorities Identify Suspect in Decapitation Murder
- UPDATE: Police Search For Armed Robbery Suspect
- UPDATE: Suspect Found Dead After Florida Shootout
- Ashland Native to Appear on American Idol