MEDFORD, Ore. -- A 25-year-old Medford man was arrested in Maryland, and extradited back to Jackson County after police say he shot another man during a robbery.
Police say Terell Stembridge and another man met at a residence on South Foothill Road in Medford on Wednesday, November 8, 2017. Police say the male and Stembridge were acquaintances, and met for a marijuana deal.
During the meeting, police say Stembridge pulled out a .40 caliber handgun and pointed it at the male, threatening to kill him.
Stembridge ordered the man to put the marijuana in a bag, which Stembridge provided, as he was conducting an armed robbery, according to police.
That's when the male grabbed the gun, and started to fight for control of it. During that fight, police say Stembridge fired several rounds, hitting the man three times. The man grabbed his own .45 caliber handgun and fired two rounds back at Stembridge, but did not hit him. Stembridge ran from the residence with the marijuana.
Police say the man drove himself to Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center, where he went into immediate surgery.
On November 14, 2017, a Jackson County Grand Jury indicted Stembridge on Attempted Murder, Assault in the first degree, and Robbery in the first degree. A nationwide search was issued for Stembridge.
Then, on December 12, 2017, a United States Marshal's Service fugitive task force located Stembridge in Baltimore, Maryland. Investigators believe the suspect committed the robbery to sell the marijuana illegally on the East coast.
Stembridge is now in the Jackson County Jail.
- Medford Man Arrested in Maryland on Attempted Murder Charge
- Police: Suspect Arrested after Attempted Murder, Medford Stand-Off
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Talent
- Siskiyou County Man Arrested on Arson and Attempted Murder Charges
- Klamath Falls Man Arrested for Attempted Murder
- Medford Man Arrested on Multiple Sodomy Charges
- Man Arrested Near Yreka, Accused of Attempted Murder
- Medford Chiropractor Arrested On Sex Crime Charges
- Medford Robbery Suspect Arrested
- UPDATE: Suspect in Medford Slaying Charged, Enters 'Denial' to Murder