Photo Gallery 3 Images
MEDFORD, Ore. — After knocking down an electrical fire at a home in Medford, firefighters found two family dogs killed in the aftermath, according to Medford Fire-Rescue (MFR).
Firefighters responded to a report of the fire around 6:45 p.m. on Wednesday night, rushing to the 1400-block of Rome Beauty Lane. A neighbor across the street had reported seeing smoke and flames issuing from the home.
"The first unit on-scene arrived within three minutes," MFR said in a Facebook post. "Firefighters confirmed the exterior of one side of the home was on fire, with the forward progression of the flames heading into the home’s attic space."
After searching the home to make sure that all of the residents had evacuated, fire crews knocked down flames on the outside of the fire — ensuring that it would not spread to nearby homes. Next, firefighters cut into the attic space inside of the home to extinguish any remaining flames.
Firefighters saved the home and made sure that the family was safe, but several pets were not so lucky.
"While there are no human injuries to report, two dogs did die in this fire," MFR said. "The fire has been deemed accidental, and was due to an electrical issue. Our thoughts are with the family as they recover from their loss."
- Electrical Fire at Medford Home Claims Family Pets
- Overnight Fire Destroys Medford Home
- Families displaced following fire at Medford duplex
- Joint Sparks Fire at Medford Home
- Medford home burned down from fire
- Pets displaced from Camp Fire up for adoption in Medford
- Woman accused of embezzling funds from Medford electrical company
- Girl Injured in Medford Apartment Fire Dies, Family Confirms
- UPDATE: Medford Police calling mobile home fire suspicious
- RAW VIDEO: Structure Fire in Medford Engulfs Home