MEDFORD, Ore. -- Medford firefighters put out a Jeep fire on Monday afternoon. It happened on the 900 block of Aspen Drive.
Medford Fire-Rescue says the Jeep was unoccupied and parked a safe distance away from any structures. Crews found and extinguished an engine compartment fire in an early 2000's Jeep Liberty.
According to the owner it had been last driven earlier in the day and no mechanical issues were noted. They did say there had been an intermittent 'hot smell' when the heater was used over the last few months.
The fire originated on the driver's side of the engine compartment, close to the firewall. The exact cause has not been determined at this time due to extensive fire damage in that area.
There have been several different recalls for issues that could potentially start an engine fire affecting this make/model of Jeep.
- Medford Firefighters Put Out Jeep Fire
- Medford Firefighters Recognize Life-Saving Citizens
- Firefighters Contain 'Explosion,' Flames at Medford Home
- Two Medford Women Put the "Giving" in Thanksgiving
- North Medford High Put on Lockdown, Confirmed False Alarm
- Overnight Fire Destroys Medford Home
- Medford Fire-Rescue Investigating Garage Fire
- Fire Crews Investigating Downtown Medford Fire
- Medford Fire-Rescue Investigating House Fire
- Medford Fire-Rescue Investigating Small Barn Fire