UPDATE: Medford Fire-Rescue (MFR) reports that working fire alarms and a sprinkler system at the warehouse at 508 S. Front Street kept the flames from growing out of hand Thursday night.
According to MFR, a total of five fire engines, one aerial ladder truck, two battalion chiefs, a fire investigator and Medford Fire Chief Brian Fish all responded to the alarm, apparently in anticipation of a significant fire.
Instead, fire crews found a sprinkler sysem that was actively flowing water, and a small fire that was producing a great deal of smoke as water gradually doused the flames. Crews were able to locate and extinguish the fire quickly before turning to focus on getting smoke out of the building.
There were no reported injuries, and the fire investigator is still working to determine what caused the flames.
(Updated as of 10:30 a.m. on Friday, May 4)
MEDFORD, Ore. — Medford Fire-Rescue is working to figure out what started a fire in a warehouse on S. Front Street. The fire started just before 8pm Thursday night.
Medford Fire Chief Brian Fish said that initially flames could be seen along the backside of the building.
Crews had to force their way into the building—and they found smoke a lot of smoke when they entered.
Chief Brian Fish said, "Found some cold smoke, not a lot of heat but it was full, difficult to see, they were able to make their way back into where the fire was, there were some pallets with stuff on fire and smoldering, now they're trying to move out with a heister."
The warehouse belongs to Asante, reportedly housing old furniture and some medical supplies.
A fire investigator is still investigating what caused the fire..
- UPDATE: Medford Fire Investigating Asante Warehouse Fire
- Medford Fire-Rescue Investigating Garage Fire
- Fire Crews Investigating Downtown Medford Fire
- Medford Fire-Rescue Investigating House Fire
- Medford Fire-Rescue Investigating Small Barn Fire
- Asante Upgraded to Level 2 Trauma Center
- New Asante walk-in facility opens
- UPDATE: Structure Fire Contained Near Medford School
- Medford Police Investigating Stabbing
- Overnight Fire Destroys Medford Home