CENTRAL POINT, Ore. — Wednesday is McDonald's first day of 'Apply Thru' with Alexa.
McDonald's says this is the world's first voice initiated application process. It says this new innovative change is to help the company reach new employees.
To apply just say "Alexa, help me get a job at McDonald's." Alexa will get you started on the application with a list of questions.
Gene Hill is a McDonald's Franchise Owner in Southern Oregon. He says this will appeal to the younger generation who are starting to look for their first job. The Director of Operations agrees.
"I thought it was great, because everyone is on their cell phones now a days and they are always looking for the new best thing — new technology that's coming out. I think this will create some excitement for some of those younger kids to just say 'Hey Alexa, find me a job,'" said Lili Espindola, Director of Operations.
It can also help people that speak a different language like Spanish. Alexa is set up in your language. It will walk through the application process, making it easier.
People that do apply and work at McDonald's have an opportunity to get tuition assistance for high school or college through Archways to Opportunity. Espindola is a great example. She was a former crew member at the McDonald's location in Central Point. She worked her way up to her current position.
Here is more information on Archways to Opportunity.
- McDonald's launches new application process through Alexa
- Backlog of Oregon Marijuana License Applications Could Take a Year to Process
- McDonald's changes apple pie recipe
- Oregon to Pause Accepting Marijuana License Applications
- Oregon State Sheriffs' Association Accepting Scholarship Applications
- After school program applications open now
- Amazon's Alexa will now give Brits health advice
- Your Amazon Alexa can sound just like Samuel L. Jackson
- New Process For Changing Birth Certificate Gender
- Major revamp planned for FAA's oversight process