CNN - A classic McDonald's treat has gone through some changes.
The fast food giant announced it altered the recipe for apple pie.
The beloved dessert supposedly includes less ingredients and a whole new look.
The pies are now covered in lattice-style crust, and sprinkled with a sugar topping.
McDonald's said they are made with six different kinds of apples that are 100% American grown.
The pies clock in at 240 calories.
Customers took to social media when they noticed the change, and the reviews were mixed.
- McDonald's changes apple pie recipe
- Huckleberry Pie
- How do you update a beloved pumpkin pie recipe? Less sugar and more spice
- In the Kitchen: Gingerbread Pie
- In the Kitchen: Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Bites
- Apple launching streaming service
- McDonald's launches new application process through Alexa
- McDonald's Flips Golden Arches To A 'W' For Women's Day
- McDonald's employee is able to pursue college dream