EAGLE POINT, Ore. -- Many people in the Rogue Valley reported power outages and damage Friday from strong wind gusts.
An Eagle Point family is feeling lucky after a massive tree in their front yard narrowly missed their home.
Charelle Oppelt said she was shopping in Medford when she got a call from a neighbor telling her she might want to get to her father's home.
"They said you're not going to believe this, but the wind just blew over your tree into the neighbor's yard, and I thought maybe it was a branch, like maybe they were overreacting," Oppelt said.
She got to the house and quickly learned that was not the case.
The giant tree had taken out her father's fence and landed partially in the neighbor's yard.
While the situation caused quite the headache, Oppelt said it could have been worse.
- Massive tree falls from wind, narrowly misses home
- Coast Guard Helicopter Narrowly Avoids Drone Collision
- House Republicans Narrowly Pass Farm Bill
- Fall Planting for Trees & Shrubs
- Tree Badly Damages Home After Falls on Master Bedroom
- A group of kayakers on Lake Superior narrowly missed a collapsing sandstone cliff
- High Winds Could Bring Down Trees This Weekend
- Storm Causes Huge Tree to Fall Inches Away from Family's Home, Breaks Power Pole
- Massive Avalanche Hits Mt. Shasta
- Mt. Bachelor Skier Dies After Falling In Tree Well