PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Authorities say an Oregon man has been sentenced for stealing $700 of his daughter's Girl Scout cookie money, using it to pay for an erotic massage and then staging a home invasion to cover up the theft.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports Brian Couture of Forest Grove was sentenced Monday to 18 months of probation, 80 hours of community service and restitution as part of a plea deal.
The Washington County District Attorney's Office says Couture pleaded guilty to falsely reporting a home invasion robbery.
The District Attorney's office says in March Couture told authorities someone had broken into his home, assaulted him, damaged his laptop and stole the cookie money.
When investigators found inconsistencies in his story, Couture eventually said he stole the money to pay for the massage and then faked the robbery.
- Man stole daughter's cookie money to pay for erotic massage
- Oregon man accused of stealing Girl Scout Cookie money from daughter
- No Bake Cookies
- Cookies by Harry and David
- Eugene Man Admits He Crashed Weddings, Stole $13K in Gifts
- At The Market: Cupcakes, Cookies, and Figs
- Girl Scout Cookie Season Begins January 5th
- Local Girl Scout Troop Sending Cookies Overseas
- Lawsuit says spa patrons were illegally recorded getting massages in prostitution sting involving Robert Kraft
- Police Say Teenager Baked Grandfather's Ashes into Cookies