PHOENIX, Ore. — A man died Wednesday evening after walking in front of a car on Hwy 99.
Newswatch 12 was on the scene after the deadly crash closed Hwy 99 for an hour and a half while state police investigated.
The crash happened around 6 p.m. near milepost 11 in Phoenix. Oregon State Police said that 58-year-old Bonnie Knudsen of Medford was driving her Honda Accord northbound when 57-year-old Mark Cooper walked into the roadway and was struck.
Cooper was taken to Rogue Regional Hospital in Medford where he was pronounced dead. OSP said that Cooper's hometown is unknown.
- Police: Man dies after walking in front of a car on Hwy 99
- Fatal crash near Phoenix closes Hwy 99
- Police identify driver killed in Hwy 99 crash at Birdseye Creek
- Evangelist Billy Graham Dies at Age 99
- Medford man injured after running out in front of car
- UPDATE: One Woman Dies After Williams Hwy Crash Near Murphy
- Passenger Dead in Car Chase, Crash on Hwy 62
- Crashes on Redwood Hwy, Crater Lake Hwy cause traffic backups
- Klamath Falls Police Investigate Shooting on Hwy 66
- Police identify man killed in mowing accident along Hwy 42 in Douglas County