PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - A 36-year-old man has been sentenced to nearly six years in prison for underage sex trafficking.
Washington County Circuit Court Judge Oscar Garcia sentenced Ahmed Turay Jr.
Turay was arrested in September after authorities arranged a "date" with the 17-year-old Washington girl featured in online prostitution ads on backpage.com.
The Washington County District Attorney's office says on Sept. 6 undercover officers were waiting when the girl arrived at the arranged time and place in a Mercedes Benz driven by Turay.
Police interviewed her and confirmed she was there for prostitution. She told police that Turay was keeping the money she made and estimated she had made $15,000 to $20,000 over the summer through prostitution activity with Turay.
Turay said at sentencing that he had been "attacked" by the state, and attempted to argue with the judge as the sentence was imposed.
- Man Gets Nearly Six Years in Prison for Sex Trafficking
- Grants Pass Man Gets Prison Time for Opioid Trafficking
- Man Sentenced to 6.5 Years in Jail for Sex Trafficking Into Oregon
- RAW VIDEO: Suspect in Morning Standoff Accused of Sex Trafficking
- Man Facing 7 Years in Prison for Assault, Strangulation
- Man Who Made, Detonated Pipe Bomb Gets 5 Years in Prison
- Joseph Sallman Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison
- Former Youth Pastor Sentenced to Over 15 Years in Prison
- "Ghost" Gun Manufacturer Sentenced To Five Years In Prison
- Suspected Fentanyl Traffickers Charged After Deaths