PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - A 36-year-old man has been sentenced to nearly six years in prison for underage sex trafficking.
Washington County Circuit Court Judge Oscar Garcia sentenced Ahmed Turay Jr.
Turay was arrested in September after authorities arranged a "date" with the 17-year-old Washington girl featured in online prostitution ads on backpage.com.
The Washington County District Attorney's office says on Sept. 6 undercover officers were waiting when the girl arrived at the arranged time and place in a Mercedes Benz driven by Turay.
Police interviewed her and confirmed she was there for prostitution. She told police that Turay was keeping the money she made and estimated she had made $15,000 to $20,000 over the summer through prostitution activity with Turay.
Turay said at sentencing that he had been "attacked" by the state, and attempted to argue with the judge as the sentence was imposed.
- Man Gets Nearly Six Years in Prison for Sex Trafficking
- Grants Pass Man Gets Prison Time for Opioid Trafficking
- Three Pastors Facing Child Sex Trafficking Charges
- Talent man sentenced to 10 years in prison for cocaine trafficking case
- Man Sentenced to 6.5 Years in Jail for Sex Trafficking Into Oregon
- Sex Offender Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison
- White City man convicted of sex abuse sentenced to nearly 17 years in prison
- RAW VIDEO: Suspect in Morning Standoff Accused of Sex Trafficking
- TV actress pleads guilty in group's sex trafficking case
- Police: Two arrested at Medford motel, suspected of sex-trafficking