MT. SHASTA, Calif. -- A man was found dead on Medicine Lake Road, about fifteen miles north of California State Route 89.
The Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office received a report from a motorist of a person lying in the roadway. Deputies responded, and confirmed James Lloyd, 72, of Mount Shasta was dead.
While deputies were checking the surrounding area, they found Lloyd's vehicle stuck in the snow about 7 miles north.
An autopsy is scheduled to find the cause of death.
The sheriff's office says you should always review weather and roadway conditions, and always have plenty of fuel, food, flares, flashlights, blankets, and water. The sheriff's office also says you should tell someone where you are going, and when you expect to arrive.
Anyone with information about Lloyd's death should contact the sheriff's 24 hour dispatch center at 530-841-2900.
- Man Found Dead on Medicine Lake Road
- Navigating Cough and Cold Medicines
- Man Dead After Deer Darts into Road
- MIssing Ashland Woman Found Dead
- Fatal Crash Near Spring Lake Road
- Lake County suspects found in Indiana
- Police Identify Man Found Dead in Downtown Medford
- Man who slipped into California river found dead
- Pain Medicine Group Cancels Doctor Training About Marijuana
- Third Federally Protected Gray Wolf Found Dead