GRANTS PASS, Ore. -- A man is dead after a hit and run early Friday morning.
At about 2:10 a.m., on Nov. 23, officers responded to a call about a man laying on 6th street. The caller said he appeared to have been hit by a vehicle.
Officers brought the man, identified as Joshua Purdue, 31, to Three Rivers Hospital, where he died.
Detectives determined the suspect had fled the scene, and continued to investigate.
Later Friday afternoon -- at about 2:50 p.m. -- the suspect, Grants Pass resident Anthony Mooney, 25, called the Grants Pass Department of Public Safety to say he'd been involved in a crash with Purdue.
Mooney is now facing charges including D.U.I.I alcohol/controlled substance, reckless driving, felony hit and run, manslaughter in the first degree, and tampering with evidence.
Mooney's vehicle is also police custody for evidence.
This is a continuing investigation. Detectives are continuing to gather evidence to see if additional charges apply.
Anyone with information should call Detective John Lohrfink at 541-450-6260.
- Man Dead After Hit and Run in Grants Pass
- Grants Pass Man Hospitalized After Machete Incident
- Grants Pass man arrested for 5 burglaries
- Police identify suspect in Grants Pass serious injury hit-and-run crash
- Person Dead After Head-On Crash in Grants Pass
- Grants Pass Family Welcomes Triplets
- Grants Pass Brewfest happening now
- Caveman Repairs in Grants Pass
- Grants Pass Man Wins $175,000 from Scratch-It After 'Tortilla Run'
- Police Identify Man and Woman Found Dead in Grants Pass Motel 6