MEDFORD, Ore.- Medford Police say 45 year old Justin Keaton detonated a pipe bomb in the field behind the parking lot of North Medford's Fred Meyers Monday afternoon.
NewsWatch12 spoke with eyewitnesses who saw Keaton with a pipe, filling it with black powder behind Fred Meyer. After calling 911, they saw Keaton take off on a bike towards the Ramada Inn where he was arrested.
Police say when they arrived on the scene, the bomb was found smoking in the field. The OSP bomb squad was called in, but later called off because police say the bomb had already "cycled through its explosive nature."
Police say there were no other explosive devices found, but they did recover two pounds of gun powder and cannon fuse in his backpack.
Keaton was arraigned Wednesday afternoon and will appear back in the Jackson County Court House on November 16th at 4PM.
- Man Arrested for Detonating Pipe Bomb Behind Fred Meyers
- Man Who Made, Detonated Pipe Bomb Gets 5 Years in Prison
- Pipe Bomb Scare
- Portland Police shot a Federal Fugitive in Fred Meyer
- Grants Pass Fred Meyer Open After Late Night Lockdown
- Police searching for witness in Grants Pass Fred Meyer stabbing
- Suspects Arrested for Pipe Bomb in Cave Junction Park
- Police: Suspect in custody after fatal stabbing outside Fred Meyer in Grants Pass
- Suspect in Custody in Connection with Mailing of Pipe Bombs
- Tips For Winterizing Your Pipes