EAGLE POINT, Ore. — Last night, mailboxes all along Rogue River Drive between Eagle Point and Shady Cove were hit by a thief, according to a statement from the Jackson County Sheriff's Office (JCSO). Rogue River Drive is between Highway 234 and Highway 62.
Deputies who responded to the reports of mail theft were able to find piles of mail, discarded elsewhere along the street. The recovered mail will be given to the US Postal Service for redelivery to the rightful owners.
The JCSO advises that anyone who suspects that they are still missing a particular piece of mail after the rest is returned should contact the local post office to notify them. Deputies are still investigating the incident, and they do not yet report any leads on who may be responsible for the theft.
The statement from JCSO asks that anyone in the area with surveillance cameras or further knowledge of the incident contact dispatch at (541) 776-7206, referencing case #18-4187.
- Mail Theft in Eagle Point Sparks Investigation
- Eagle Point Police Department is investigating a shooting in Eagle Point
- Detectives investigating the death of toddler in Eagle Point
- Local Students Help Clean Up Eagle Point
- Eagle Point Shooting Victim's Mother Speaks Out
- Missing Eagle Point Girl Found in Arizona
- Fire Engulfs Eagle Point Barn Behind Restaurant
- Eagle Point Senior Prepares for State Competition
- Eagle Point High School welcomes new sparrow
- Eagle Point High School welding program success