GRANTS PASS, Ore. — Pacific Northwestern rapper Macklemore officially has a new job, and it's pretty cool — he'll be overseeing the development of cold brew coffee for southern Oregon's own Dutch Bros Coffee.
At a Dutch Bros business summit on Wednesday, Macklemore and the company announced to employees that he'd been named Executive Creative Director for Dutch Bros Cold Brew. In the position, Macklemore will help the company develop new products and flavors, Dutch Bros told NewsWatch 12.
TMZ was first to report the news, and a Dutch Bros spokesperson confirmed the information to NewsWatch 12 on Friday.
— Dutch Bros Coffee (@DutchBros) December 18, 2019
"This is a natural partnership for us — Macklemore is a huge fan of our Cold Brew and we're a huge fan of his creativity!" the spokesperson said. "Macklemore has a huge passion for music and helping teens (through his Residency program,) which aligns with our core values, as well. We're about to launch a few products that truly make Cold Brew options limitless for our customers and he'll be a key part of that."
Macklemore's contract with the company is short-term, and is set to end this summer when the rapper performs at the Dutch Bros internal "COACHA" event.
Cell phone video of the announcement on Wednesday was provided by Dutch Bros.
- Macklemore named Dutch Bros executive for cold brew
- Dutch Bros 'Dutch Luv' Raises Over $350,000
- Medford Police investigating robbery at Dutch Bros.
- Buck for Kids Day at Dutch Bros
- UPDATE: Police Arrest Suspects in Grants Pass Dutch Bros Robbery
- Grants Pass Approves 15-Year Tax Break For Dutch Bros.
- Dutch Bros Offers to Match Donations for California Wildfire Relief
- Dutch Bros Coffee Raises $401k for California Wildfire Relief
- Dutch Bros Raises $100,000 for Men's Health in 'Movember'
- Dutch Bros showing some 'Dutch Luv' with donations to the food insecure