DENVER (AP) - Kevin Love has been overwhelmed by the flurry of positive responses a day after opening up about his struggles with mental health issues.
The Cleveland Cavaliers forward said Wednesday before his team played the Denver Nuggets that he's received more than 4,000 messages after writing an essay for The Player's Tribune in which he addressed such things as his panic attack during a game this season and how he's spent most of his life afraid to accept there was something wrong with him.
Love said it was a therapeutic for him to address the topic. He thanked Toronto All-Star DeMar DeRozan for recently acknowledging his bouts of depression. It gave Love the courage to tell his story.
Added Love: "We need to beat down that stigma about mental health."
- Love Overwhelmed By Reaction Since Revealing Panic Attack
- Cryptic Emergency Alert Panics Salem Area Residents
- Local School District Creates Lockdown Panic Button With 3D Printer
- Language of Love
- Watch Party Reaction After Special Election Results
- Local Reaction to State of the Union
- Uber and Lyft Drivers Voice Their Reaction to Mayor's Veto
- California Governor to reveal updated spending plan
- Couple Shuffle Relay and Love Stinks 5K
- YOUR PHOTOS: National Love Your Pet Day!