TALENT, Ore.-- After 27 years of business, Advanced Business Teleservices, Inc. in Talent closed its doors with no notice to the 25 employees working there.
The General Manager confirms the closure was due to loss of revenue and mounting debt.
NewsWatch 12 spoke to the former Sales Manager who says they had a great team and atmosphere and he was surprised when the doors were ultimately closed.
The General manager told NewsWatch 12 over the 27 years of business and employing nearly 5000 people over that time, this is the first time they missed a payroll, which is why they decided to call it quits.
ABT says to their employees they are deeply sorry they're not able to give employees what they earned.
ABT has directed employees to submit their claims for their final paycheck to the Bureau of Labor and Industries with the State of Oregon.
Employees say they were all given exit packets and provided with referral letters and several different resources.
ABT says while this is an unfortunate situation, they're tried to be transparent with all their employees and they feel confident their employees are leaving with more skills than they walked in with for their next job.
- Longtime Teleservices Business in Talent Shuts Doors
- Business Applies to Rebuild Talent Truck Stop
- Talent Hosts Major Recycling Event
- Oregon Republicans to shut down Senate over tax on businesses
- Phoenix-Talent $69 Million Dollar Bond Issue
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Talent
- Talent Gateway Project Taking Steps Towards Completion
- Talent Police Chief to Retire, Replacement Pending
- Talent Truck Stop Planning Official Reopening
- Professional Conductor Shares Talent With Young Musicians