MEDFORD, Ore. — The owners of a local hair salon are pitching in to help kids in need right here in the Rogue Valley.
Salara Salon in Medford is celebrating its one-year anniversary on May 11 and will be offering free haircuts to anyone who comes in on that day.
At the same time, they are selling raffle tickets to benefit the Children's Advocacy Center of Jackson County. Ticket sales run between April 1 and May 10, and cost $3 for one ticket or $10 for five.
Local businesses donated items for the raffle, valued at more than $2,000 in different prizes. All money raised will go to the Children's Advocacy Center.
"The community has really reached out a lot, we have several people on Facebook that saw what we were doing and gave gift certificates for nails, for hair, for food . . . I mean, there's over $2,000 that the community has donated to us," said Tara Short, a hairstylist at Salara.
Donations to the CACJC will also be accepted on May 11. The raffle will also be drawn on that day, and the winners notified.
- Local salon offers free haircuts to support kids in need
- Great Clips Offers Free Haircuts To Cancer Survivors
- Cancer survivors get free haircuts in Southern Oregon on Tuesday
- Local Nonprofit Supports Kids With Epilepsy
- Free Support Group for Breast Feeding Moms
- Providence Offers Free Hospice Volunteer Training
- Klamath County Libraries Offer Free Tax Help
- Providence Medford Offers Free Lung Cancer Screenings
- Oregon offers free fishing weekend August 17-18
- RVTD offering free bus rides all day