MEDFORD, Ore -- Family Christian Ministry was started 6 years ago.
It’s a nonprofit that was started by Pastor Chris Gerlach.
"It takes a collective effort in order to come together and be effective in our community," said Gerlach
That’s exactly why Gerlach started the ministry.
One of his missions is to help recovering addicts and that’s exactly what the ministry does.
"He met me in the park and asked if I would pray with him,” said Levi Haynes.
The ministry gives people a chance to regain their lives all while working on their faith.
"Healing takes time but as soon as I walked out these doors I was truly a different person," said Levi Haynes.
The ministry holds services on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. and on Sunday at 11:00 a.m.
- Local pastor helping recovering addicts
- Josephine County Drug Court giving recovering addicts a second chance
- Local organization helping veterans
- Three Pastors Facing Child Sex Trafficking Charges
- Texas pastor says he knew and helped the gunman before the shooting
- US Approves Monthly Injection for Opioid Addiction
- Are You Addicted to Your Smartphone?
- Reclaiming Lives: Helping those struggling with addiction get the resources they need
- Pastor Plans to Demolish Building After Texas Church Shooting
- Former Youth Pastor Sentenced to Over 15 Years in Prison