MEDFORD, Ore. — With the nation bracing for a possible worst-case scenario due to the coronavirus outbreak, providers of emergency services are increasingly looking for ways to cover a shortfall of necessary supplies.
Asante Foundation is looking for donations of N95 masks, face shields, gowns, latex-free exam gloves, disposable head covers, and eye protection glasses or goggles.
PPE items to donate:
- N95 masks, both new and used
- Protective face shields
- Elastomeric masks (a type of reusable N95 mask)
- General ISO masks/paper masks
- Isolation gowns (disposable or reusable)
- Latex-free (i.e. Nitrile) exam gloves in all sizes
- Disposable head covers/bonnets
- Eye protection glasses or goggles
Donations for Asante can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Medford (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.): Asante Foundation located at 229 N. Bartlett Street
- Grants Pass (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.): The Family House located at 407 SW Ramsey Ave.
- Ashland (7 a.m. to 6 p.m.): Lithia Motors Pavilion, Southern Oregon University campus, 1250 Siskiyou Blvd.
The Jackson County Emergency Operations Center is also asking for donations of similar medical supplies and other items including hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes. Donations can be dropped off here through Friday:
- Central Point (7 a.m. to 10 a.m.): Jackson County Expo at 1 Peninger Road