MEDFORD, Ore-- The CDC and FDA are investigating the severe lung disease outbreak. It could be caused by vaping. 5 people have died from it.
One of the owners of Kanopy 7 thinks regulating the e-cigarette industry could help fix the problem. "I kind of thought it was to be expected. This is something that happens in an unregulated market." said David Uribe. He is one of the owners of Kanopy 7 in Medford.
Uribe showed me the different types of THC vaping his shop offers. "We've been very specific about what goes into all of our products in the store." said Uribe. He knows exactly what is in all of his products, but says that may not be the same at other shops. He adds the unknown may be what is making people sick. "That could easily be fixed, just by regulating this." said Uribe.
As of right now the CDC does not know what is causing the severe lung disease. If it's a chemical, a device or just vaping in general. On the CDC's website it says many patients reported using liquids with THC. "I feel like if people are buying the right products from the right companies then they shouldn't have to worry at all." said Uribe.
Uribe thinks the outbreak has to do with a product people are using. He hopes the CDC and FDA can find the answer, because right now he is the one answering questions. "For the last few days I've been answering questions daily about it." said Uribe.
A lot of people are wondering if they should continue vaping. The CDC says people should consider not doing it. If you aren't already using an e-cigarette, it recommends that you don't start. Uribe has his own thoughts. "Not stop vaping, but definitely make sure that you are looking into your products." said Uribe.
Some dispensaries like Kanopy 7 test their THC products and list what is in it on the back or front. We will continue to bring you updates on this severe lung disease outbreak.
- Local dispensary gives input on severe lung disease outbreak
- Marijuana vaping product sales sink amid lung disease scare
- Survey on Homelessness Seeks Local Input
- CDC warns public about e-cigarettes, local dispensaries take action
- Understanding Lung Cancer
- Driver Plows Through Front of Phoenix Dispensary
- More than 120 cases of lung disease in 15 states could be linked to vaping
- More deaths reported among rising number of lung disease cases that could be due to vaping
- 'Jeopardy!' host Alex Trebek calls autistic man and his mother, a lung disease survivor
- Protect Lungs from Arctic Chill