MEDFORD, Ore. -- One local outdoor equipment store is ready to see the ski customers it has been missing for the last couple of months.
Normally customers fill up Get N' Gear stores around early December, but this year has been a little different. Store managers said it's been a slow few months so the mention of heavy snow is very good news. One employee, Alex, said he even started seeing an increase in customers Wednesday.
"It's starting to ramp up, today was the first indication of that," Alex said.
He said the store received multiple phone calls asking about ski gear now that heavy snow is on the way.
"We're hoping to fill the store today and hopefully later this week we'll have even more," Alex said.
He said the past few slow weeks are not necessarily a bad thing for the store.
"We've been so busy in past years that we've been able to use this time to re-organize how we want things," Alex said.
He said the store's sales haven't taken much of a hit since the nicer weather made more people want to buy bikes.
- Local Ski Shop Thankful For Snow In The Forecast
- Local Businesses Prep for 2017 Ski Season
- Cakes Of Thanks
- Shopping Cart Solution Impacting Local Businesses
- Not Enough Snow: Ski Area Pacing Behind $300K
- Local Landmark Elevations and Snow Levels
- Local Bike Shop Raises Money For Mammogram Fund
- Refugees Thank Adoptive City by Feeding Hungry
- Children's winter snow clothes needed by local non-profit
- Renovated Mt. Ashland Ski Lodge Debuts