MEDFORD, Ore.-- We tried to get in contact with the heads of both parties in Jackson County, but we were told there were no organized watch parties.
We were able to get some local reaction.
This Medford man watched the address at a local sports bar and says he approves of the President's first State of the Union.
Gary Middendorff says, "You know not just one thing, pretty much everything he said was positive. One of the main reasons I like watching this is watching all the Democrats faces while he gets a standing ovation and they're just sitting there.
We spoke with Medford City Councilman Kevin Stine who had a much different reaction to the one-hour and twenty-minute-long address.
He thinks many important points were missed.
Kevin Stine says, "I think what we saw was a very divisive president give a very divisive speech, he has a 35% approval rating, instead of uniting the country, he spoke to that 35%. The biggest thing that wasn't said, when he didn't talk about white supremacists in this country marching in the streets in his name, that is something he has failed to address every time."
- Local Reaction to State of the Union
- State of the Union: WATCH LIVE HERE
- Fact Check: State Of The Union Speech
- Watch Party Reaction After Special Election Results
- Credit Unions Donate Thousands to Local Hospital's Children's Unit
- Celebrities Hold Counter-event to Trump State of the Union
- Defying Pelosi, Trump Proceeds With State of the Union Plans
- President Trump Postpones State of the Union Address
- President Trump Agrees To Postpone State Of The Union Address
- Trump Says State of the Union Address to Stress 'Unity'