PORTLAND, Ore.-- One small town, local girl got one big chance of a lifetime. Jasmine Maddox from Klamath County was pulled on stage at a Portland Katy Perry concert to make a wish, and she wished for something big.
"We are from a tiny town of 800 people. We did not go there thinking that this was going to happen. We went there thinking my daughter was going to see her idol and it turned into the night of a lifetime," said her mom, Amanda Graham.
Maddox has been asking to see Katy Perry in concert for four years. Last Friday, February 2nd, that wish finally came true and more. She was called up on stage to make a wish. Jasmine could have wished for something just for her, but instead, she thought of her mom.
“What's your wish, Jasmine?" Katy asked her.
"For me and my mom to get a house," Jasmine replied
Right now, the two live in Merrill with Graham’s parents. Graham said in that moment, she was the proudest mom in the world.
"In the moment I thought back into my 12-year-old brain as to what I would have wished for and certainly at the time it would not have been for a house for me and my mom," Graham added.
The videos have blown up on social media. The Instagram video alone, Graham said has over 300,000 views and her own personal Facebook video from that moment, almost 10,000.
- Local Girl Makes Big Wish on Katy Perry Concert Stage
- Concert proceeds to help local veteran organization
- Luke Perry buried in Tennessee
- Cats Take the Stage
- Local Girls Learning Trade Skills
- Students Stage Walk-Out For Gun Control
- Girls Rock! Brings Fun, STEM Workshops to Local Girls
- Britt Fest Moves Orchestra Concerts Inside
- Local Girl Scout Troop Sending Cookies Overseas
- Rogue Disposal and Recycling: 'Wishful' Recycling Needs To End