ASHLAND, Ore.- One of Mount Ashland's most popular lodging sites says it's ready to go for ski season. Snow pack is starting to form on Mount Ashland near Callahan's Lodge.
Local businesses are excited for tourists to bring their annual winter boost to the economy. Callahan's Lodge says reservations are coming in everyday for the winter season, especially with the Mount Ashland Ski Area set to open next Saturday.
Last winter Callahan's Lodge closed its doors for one day because of the unprecedented snowfall. But this year the owners say they're prepared for the snow pack.
Donna Bergquist, the owner of Callahan's Lodge says, "We have a giant tractor with buckets that move mountains of snow, tons of snow. We always look to the best and I think this year last year was more snow than we really anticipated but this year we are ready, we are ready."
December is the most festive and most profitable month for many local businesses in Ashland.
Bergquist says, "It's always good, and December is best month of the year usually from Thanksgiving until New Year's."
Just a few miles north from the lodge, Mount Ashland is getting the ski area ready for opening day. The new renovations and Ski Area are set to debut the 2017 ski season this saturday.
- Local Businesses Prep for 2017 Ski Season
- Local Business Preps For Valentine's Day
- Britt Announces Full 2017 Season Lineup
- Residents, Businesses Prep for Possible Evacuations
- OSF Closes 2017 Season, Begins Preparing for 2018 Season
- Mt. A Closes Season with Ski and Ride Against Hunger
- Mt. Ashland Ski Area adds two more days to season
- Flu Season Impacting Local Hospitals
- Local Ski Shop Thankful For Snow In The Forecast
- Police and Local Businesses Prepare for a Busy Halloween