JACKSONVILLE, Ore. -- Today the Britt Music and Arts Festival made its second announcement of which shows will be arriving to Jacksonville this season.
While people are getting ready to buy tickets, local businesses are getting ready for the crowds.
"There's just twice as many cars, twice as many people. In the really big shows we have 10 times as many people in town," says Platon Mantheakis, Manager of the Jacksonville Inn.
The Farm Kitchen is gearing up to take on their first Britt Fest. The kitchen has been open for two months, and is introducing the "Britt Basket" this summer. It's a basket filled with healthy foods people can take to the concert.
"They can get this basket, take it to the show. Enjoy the meal, enjoy the show," says Sous Chef Laura Gaudioso.
Jacksonville has a couple months to prepare before people from all over the world come to the festival. Today the Jacksonville Inn told NewsWatch12 they're lucky to have the "Crown Jewel" of Jacksonville so close to their business.
"Music and art brings people together from all over the world and it's doing a really good job of doing that just here in Jacksonville," says Mantheakis.
Britt Fest will make their last performer announcement on April 12th at 6 p.m.
- Local Businesses Gearing Up for Britt Fest
- Britt Fest 2019 Announcement #2
- Britt Fest's 2018 Season: Announcement Part 1
- Britt Fest Moves Orchestra Concerts Inside
- Britt Fest Opens Ticket Sales to Public on May 11
- Jacksonville Businesses Prepare for Britt Festival Goers
- Britt Announces Guitar Weekend Workshop
- Britt Unveils 2017 Fine Arts Poster
- Britt Festival Announces Lineup, Gourmet Food Options
- Britt Festival Opens Tickets to Public