PORTLAND, Ore. — The Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC) announced on Thursday that they would be approving ten new retail liquor locations in Oregon. Of the ten, six of those locations will be in Southern Oregon.
Not all of the locations will be stand-alone stores, however. Some will be existing stores which are adding a spirits section.
“The ten locations selected are all high quality,” said Steve Marks, OLCC Executive Director.
With the 10 new locations, there will now be 280 liquor stores statewide. These additions were part of phase four of the OLCC's Open Recruitment process which began in September of 2017. The idea was to 'improve customer convenience by expanding liquor sales with a measured, but consistent amount of growth,' according to an OLCC statement.
“The Commission had to make some really tough decisions. The applicants submitted great proposals and the selection was highly competitive,” said Marks.
There were 28 applicants in all, and they submitted their proposals to the OLCC Commissioners on Thursday. According to the OLCC, they made their decisions based on the applicants' background, knowledge of retail management and operation, customer service, and financial ability to open and run a new business.
There will be a 14-day public posting of the OLCC's decision at each location, after which the organization will make a final review. During that time, the OLCC is mandated to take public comment before making the final approval.
Below is a full list of the new locations in Oregon:
• Southtown Market & Deli LLC, 1522 Siskiyou Blvd., Ashland
• C&K Market, Inc., 868 Second Ave., Gold Hill
• Richard Nichols, 7200 Williams Highway, Grants Pass
• Langlois Market, Inc. 48444 Highway 101, Langlois
• Herbert Miller, 3320 N. Pacific Highway, Medford
• C&K Market, Inc., 3500 Merlin Rd., Merlin
• C&K Market, Inc., 110 Deer Creek Rd., Selma
• Bridgeport Beverage Company, 3370 SW Cedar Hills Blvd., Beaverton
• Patel & Singh’s LLC, 897 NE 25th Ave., Hillsboro
• Wholesale Liquors Inc., 1300 SW Oak St., Ste C, Hillsboro
Comments to the OLCC can be emailed to OLCC.RetailServices@Oregon.gov or sent to the following address:
OLCC Retail Services
PO Box 22297
Milwaukie, OR 97269-2297
- New Liquor Stores Pour Into Southern Oregon
- New Southern Oregon Aspire Computer Store Opens
- Prescribed burns in Southern Oregon
- Southern Oregon Fire Crews Aid Southern California in Wildfire Fight
- OLCC doubles liquor license fee this fall
- Oscar Nominations Connect Hollywood to Southern Oregon
- Thousands Seek Flu Treatment In Southern Oregon
- Crabbing Closed Along Southern Oregon Coast
- Southern Oregon Tops State in Gas Prices
- More People Carrying Naloxone in Southern Oregon