CANYONVILLE, Ore-- The Douglas Forest Protective Association confirmed this fire was caused by lightning. It's called the North Gazley Fire.
The fire is about three miles north of Canyonville. It started around 6:00 pm on Friday. One helicopter and ground crews went to the fire. Crews were able to keep the fire at a quarter of an acre.
Overnight crews were on scene completing fire lines and moping up. We will update you when this fire is 100 percent contained.
- Lightning caused wildfire near Canyonville
- Firefighters Prepare For Lightning Caused Wildfires
- Cal Fire reports lightning caused fires
- Throwback: Klondike Fire the last standing of July 15 lightning-caused wildfires
- Lightning sparks wildfire near Tiller, multiple smaller fires
- Region sees dozens of small wildfires sparked by lightning storms
- Multiple lightning-caused fires spark in the Applegate Valley
- ODF gears up for more potential lightning-caused fires
- Firefighters prepared for lightning strikes
- Man spots lightning strike that started wildfire in the Little Applegate Complex