JACKSONVILLE, Ore. —
UPDATE: The evacuation level on Sterling Creek Road has been reduced to a Level 1 "Be Ready" advisory, according to the Jackson County Sheriff's Office (JCSO).
At last report from the Oregon Department of Forestry (ODF), the Sterling Creek Fire burns on 100 acres and 55 percent of the perimiter control line has been completed.
(Updated as of 11:15 a.m. on Monday, July 16)
UPDATE: Jackson County Sheriff's deputies are evacuating homes in the 7400-9400 block of Sterling Creek Road near Schlesinger Reservoir, east of Buncom. Authorities are ONLY evacuating even-numbered addresses.
Others in the area are advised to be prepared to evacuate.
Evacuees are being told to get somewhere safe with cell service and wait for updates, including shelter information.
(Updated as of 8:30 p.m. on Sunday, July 15)
INITIAL REPORT: The Oregon Department of Forestry (ODF) says the Sterling Creek Fire burning 7 miles south of Jacksonville is causing level 3, "Go!", evacuation orders for the area surrounding the forward movement of the fire on Sterling Creek Road.
ODF says the fire has grown to about 100 acres as of 6:45 p.m.
The fire is spreading rapidly through private and BLM land.
The fire suppression operation is being conducted by ODF Southwest, Applegate Valley Fire District, and several local contract crews. Multiple engines, dozers, air tankers, and helicopters are fighting this challenging fire.
Please keep roads as clear as possible as additional resources continue to make their way into the fire.
Applegate Fire, ODF and a structural strike team made up of local fire agencies are working on the fire.
This is a developing story and will be updated with the latest information as it becomes available.
- UPDATE: Evacuation Level Reduced Near Sterling Creek Fire
- Neighbors Help Knock Down Sterling Creek Fire
- UPDATE: Graves Creek Road Evacuations Increase to Level 3 "GO"
- Level 3 Evacuations Issued for Pleasant Creek Fire
- Level 2 Evacuations Issued For Taylor Creek Fire
- Level 3 Evacuations Issued Near Watson Creek Fire
- Level 3 Evacuations Advised for Elk Creek Road Addresses
- UPDATE: Evacuation Levels Lowered Between Agness and the Klondike Fire
- UPDATE: Level 3 'GO' Evacuation Orders Issued West of Merlin
- Living In A Level Two Evacuation Zone