SISKIYOU COUNTY, Ore. -- The Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Office and the Siskiyou Interagency Marijuana Investigation Team (SIMIT) are cracking down on illegal marijuana plants.
The departments seized 4,134 illegal marijuana plants, mostly in the Big Springs area, back on June 28th. The raids focused on plants that had marijuana contained outdoors and in greenhouses. According to the Sheriff’s department, the plants would have been worth between $24.8 and $37.2 million.
“Last week’s seizure indicates the extent of the illicit marijuana cultivation and drug trafficking problem in Siskiyou County,” Siskiyou County Sheriff, Jon Lopey said.
In May and June, the Investigation Team recovered over 23 thousand plants and nearly 900 pounds of processed marijuana worth up to $208 million.
Earlier last month, The Siskiyou County Board of Supervisors voted to extend their “Local State of Emergency” that designates marijuana as a major threat to public health and citizens. The department says that marijuana-related activities have been linked to deaths and carbon monoxide poisonings in Siskiyou county.
“These illicit drug operations are adversely impacting public health, safety, our environment, and the quality of life in our own county.” Lopey said.
The crimes are still under investigation and anyone with information about illegal marijuana cultivation operations in their county neighborhoods or on the counter-drug operation is urged to contact the Sheriff’s office at (530) 841-2900.
- Law enforcement seizes more than 4,000 illegal marijuana plants in Siskiyou County
- Siskiyou Sheriffs Seize More Illegal Marijuana Plants This Week
- Raids seize more than 4.6K marijuana plants at Siskiyou County illegal grow sites
- Siskiyou county sheriff's office removes illegal plants in marijuana raid
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office removes illegal plants in marijuana raid
- Siskiyou County drug raid finds 610 large illegal marijuana plants
- More Than 200 Illegal Marijuana Plants Seized in Klamath County Raids
- Police seize more than 6,000 illegal marijuana plants in White City raid
- Sheriff's Office seizes 4,824 illegal plants, 454 pounds of processed marijuana
- Siskiyou County declares local state of emergency because of illegal marijuana