GRANTS PASS, Ore. —
UPDATE: Pacific Power has already adjusted the number of customers affected by the outage from more than 29,000 to none. Multiple customers have said that the outage was short-lived.
The utility company has not yet said what caused the outage, but earlier statements from the company have alluded to an ongoing vulnerability to the grid due to upgrades that are still in progress.
(Updated 12/12/18 at 3:50 p.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: Utility company Pacific Power reports that they are experiencing a "large scale" power outage in Grants Pass.
Their website displays nearly 30,000 customers potentially without power between the areas of Rogue River, Grants Pass and Cave Junction.
There is no explanation yet for what has caused the outage or a possible ETA for restoring power. This is a developing story.
Large scale outage in Grants Pass, OR. Crews have responded and will work to restore all customers affected as quickly and safely as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience. For continuous updated please visit us at https://t.co/NsT494jHsK. Thank you.
— Pacific Power OR (@PacificPower_OR) December 12, 2018
- 'Large Scale' Power Outage in Grants Pass, Rogue River Resolved
- Power Largely Restored Following Major Grants Pass Outage
- Alleged Drunk Driver Causes Rogue River Power Outage
- Rogue River Highway in Grants Pass Reopened Following Gas Leak
- Pacific Power: Major Outage Caused by Grants Pass Substation Upgrade
- Power Outages Affect Hundreds
- UPDATE: Power Outage in West Medford Caused by Car Crash, Now Resolved
- UPDATE: Fire Crews Close in on Wildfire Near Rogue River, Grants Pass
- Truck drifting in Rogue River
- Suspect in Grants Pass Car Chase Still at Large