Photo Gallery 2 Images
AGNESS, Ore. — As the threat to homes from the resurgent Klondike Fire begins to wane and weather conditions become more favorable, authorities are lowering evacuation orders near the community of Agness.
The Curry County Sheriff's Office (CCSO) issued the following updates to evacuation orders on Wednesday upon recommendation from the Fire Incident Command of the Klondike West Fire.
"These changes are due to the fire behavior and suppression efforts. There is still a great deal of fire suppression efforts and suppression repair going on with teams from the Fire Incident Management, CFPA, and local fire agencies. The Curry County Sheriff’s Office will continue to provide sporadic patrol in the Agness area," CCSO said in a statement.
Evacuation Orders in Effect:
Level 3 "GO" - (NONE)
Level 2 "Be Set" - All residences in the area of Oak Flat Road, Old House Creek Road and all residents on the south side of the Agness (3300) Road from the Illinois River Bridge to Coon Rock Bridge. All residences on Spud Road on the west side of the Illinois River. The north side of the 33 Road from Spud Road to Coon Rock Bridge, including Agness RV Park and Cougar Lane Lodge. Agness residents north of the Rogue River.
All other areas currently in a Level 2 (BE SET) will remain in a Level 2 at this time. This means there will be no listed Level 3’s in the Agness area.
The Red Cross has set up and information center for those affected by the new evacuation notices.
Red Cross Resources & Information for Evacuees:
First Baptist Church
29755 Turner St.
Gold Beach, OR 97444
You can also call the Red Cross at 1-888-680-1455. A Duty Officer will put you in touch with the local Red Cross manager in Gold Beach.
- UPDATE: Evacuation Levels Lowered Between Agness and the Klondike Fire
- Klondike Fire Spreads Quickly West, Threatening Agness
- UPDATE: Evacuation Level Reduced Near Sterling Creek Fire
- Rain Impact on Klondike Fire
- UPDATE: Graves Creek Road Evacuations Increase to Level 3 "GO"
- UPDATE: Level 3 'GO' Evacuation Orders Issued West of Merlin
- Living In A Level Two Evacuation Zone
- Firefighters To Host Klondike Fire Meeting
- Klondike Fire Threatens 200 Year Old Ranch
- Klondike Fire Crews Focus on Suppression Repairs