KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. — After several years without reliable passenger air service from the Crater Lake-Klamath Regional Airport, officials in Klamath County say that they are in talks with SkyWest Airlines to restore at least some flights in and out of the airport.
“Every effort is being pursued to restore air service to the Klamath community," said Trina Froehlich, Air Service Consultant with Mead & Hunt, Inc. "The community is well-represented by the Klamath team and a strong business case has been made to the airlines.”
Froehlich's company helped to facilitate a meeting between a coalition of Klamath Falls officials and community leaders and representatives from SkyWest earlier this month, according to a statement from the airport.
This meeting is just the latest in a series over the last year. Klamath leaders met with SkyWest in March of this year and in September of 2017 — the latter at SkyWest headquarters in St. George, Utah.
The "Klamath team" has continued to push for SkyWest to bring nonstop service from the airport to San Francisco.
"Local representatives reinforced the difficulties of traveling to Medford, particularly in the winter, as well as the need for a passenger air carrier to service both inbound and outbound business and leisure travelers," the airport statement reads.
According to the airport, SkyWest has indicated that they are "continuing to assess the market" to potentially resume service in summer of 2019.
"While restoring air service to the community will be challenging, we remain optimistic and the support we are receiving is encouraging," said John Barsalou, Director of the Crater Lake-Klamath Regional Airport.
- Klamath Falls in Talks to Restore Passenger Flights from Airport
- Man threatens Amtrak passengers aboard train from Klamath Falls
- Airtanker 6 Makes Final Flight to Klamath Falls This Weekend
- Lufthansa sues passenger who missed his flight
- Sheriff: Passenger killed in Klamath County rollover DUII crash
- Red Ball From Klamath Falls To Lakeview
- US Air Force Honors Klamath Falls Airmen
- Klamath Falls Woman Dies in Car Crash
- Officer Involved Shooting in Klamath Falls
- Klamath Falls First Interstate Bank Robbed