Klamath County, OR. -- The Klamath County Sheriff's Office and Klamath Falls Police say a 28-year-old man is recovering from surgery performed for serious injuries to his head and face following a shooting on Highway 66.
On Monday, November 13, officers say they responded to Sky Lakes Medical Center where a man was being treated for wounds from a gunshot. Police say the hospital staff called 911 and said the man was brought to the hosputal by a private car after being shot.
Police say the shooting occurred at approximately 4pm on Highway 66 between Stewart Lennox and Keno. They say the suspect's car followed the man's car west bound on Highway 66.
Police say several shots were fired into the vehicle, which ultimately caused the mans injuries.
Police say the suspect's car left the scene. They say the suspect's car is reported to have been an older brown single cab pick-up truck.
Police say this case is under active investigation for the crimes of Assault I, Unlawful Use of a Weapon.
No arrests have been made.
The Sheriff’s Office is looking for witnesses or anyone with information to contact the Klamath County Sheriff’s Office Tip Line 541-850-5380.
- Klamath Falls Police Investigate Shooting on Hwy 66
- Homicide Investigation Underway in Klamath Falls
- Officer Involved Shooting in Klamath Falls
- UPDATE: All Lanes Back Open on Hwy 97 in Klamath Falls After Fire
- Pedestrian Killed in Klamath County Crash on Hwy 97
- Klamath Falls Man Pleads Guilty in Shooting Death
- Investigation is Underway after an Officer Involved Shooting in Klamath Falls
- Police: Klamath Falls Man 'Threatened to Cause An Explosion'
- Klamath Falls Police Officers Awarded for Saving Woman's Life
- Police arrest woman in Klamath Falls fatal hit-and-run Investigation