KLAMATH FALLS, Ore.- The Klamath County Grand Jury says the officer involved shooting on November 24th is justified.
Jury members reached the conclusion after looking at evidence including the video footage from a body camera. The investigation involved the Oregon State Police, the testimony of a DPSST training officer, the testimony of Klamath Falls Police Department Officers, two neighborhood witnesses and the testimony of Officer Taylor Herbst.
The Klamath County District Attorney’s Office says given the facts and circumstances known to Officer Herbst at the time of her encounter with Mr. Hernandez, and Mr. Hernandez's possession of a firearm and physical altercation with her, the use of force by officer Herbst was justified.
- Klamath Falls Officer Justified in Using Deadly Force
- US Air Force Honors Klamath Falls Airmen
- Klamath Co. District Attorney: Officer-Involved Shooting Justified
- Officer Involved Shooting in Klamath Falls
- Red Ball From Klamath Falls To Lakeview
- Klamath Falls Woman Dies in Car Crash
- Klamath Falls First Interstate Bank Robbed
- Klamath Falls Amtrak Trains Expect Delays
- Homicide Investigation Underway in Klamath Falls
- Arrest Made In Fatal Klamath Falls Stabbing