KLAMATH FALLS, Ore.—A Klamath Falls man is behind bars after attempting to elude officers during a traffic stop.
On Thursday around 1:30 PM, the Klamath County Sheriff’s Office conducted a traffic stop in connection with a drug investigation.
A black minivan pulled into a parking lot near S. 6th Street & Crater Lake Parkway.
The driver, later identified as 44-year-old Yancy Duane Gaunt, fled the traffic stop in the car, initiating the pursuit.
Klamath County Deputies pursued for about ten minutes from S. 6th Street, through side streets in the area of Summers Lane and Altamont Drive.
The van was stopped at Bartlett Ave. near Summer Lane.
Oregon State Police and the Klamath Falls City Police assisted.
Gaunt had an outstanding warrant.
The van was secured pending further investigation.
Gaunt is facing multiple charges including Attempt to Elude Police Officer, Reckless Driving, Criminal Driving While Suspended- Felony, and a Felony Parole Violation Warrant.
- Klamath Falls Man Arrested After Pursuit
- Klamath Falls Man Arrested in Douglas County After Deputy Pursuit
- Klamath Falls Man Arrested for Attempted Murder
- Arrest Made In Fatal Klamath Falls Stabbing
- Two Arrested Near Klamath Falls After Vehicle Theft
- Sheriff: Suspect Arrested in Previous Theft From Klamath Falls Cemetery
- Red Ball From Klamath Falls To Lakeview
- US Air Force Honors Klamath Falls Airmen
- Klamath Falls Woman Dies in Car Crash
- Officer Involved Shooting in Klamath Falls