KLAMATH FALLS, Ore.-- Police said a 26-year-old Sprague River man stole a car and then led officers on a chase.
The Klamath County Sheriff's Office arrested Richard Ambrecht Tuesday afternoon.
Around 4:30 p.m., deputies got a call from the Basin Interagency Narcotics Enforcement Team (BINET) about a stolen pickup truck. It was in the area of Gary Street and Cottage Avenue in Klamath Falls.
The F-530 pickup was reported stolen from Oakridge, Oregon.
BINET believed there were stolen guns in the truck.
Sheriff's deputies tried to put Ambrecht over on South 6th St. He sped off.
Police say he would slow down at intersections and through busy traffic spots, but would not pull over.
This went on for nearly three miles. Ambrechet eventually stopped near Crater Lake Parkway and Etna Street. He then ran from the truck.
Officers quickly caught him. Police say they found multiple guns in the truck.
Ambrecht is in the Klamath County Jail. He's facing multiple charges including unlawful use of a motor vehicle, felon in possession of a weapon, felony attempt to elude, and theft.
- Klamath County car chase ends in arrest
- Klamath County Chase Ends with Suspect Smashing Into Cars
- Car Chase in Klamath County Ends with Truck Rollover, Three Arrested
- Siskiyou County Car Chase Ends With Crash Over Embankment
- K-9 Tracks Down Suspect in Klamath County High-Speed Chase
- Suspects Under Arrest After Turbulent Jackson County Car Chase
- Hours-long Klamath County standoff ends with suspect in custody
- Klamath Falls Woman Dies in Car Crash
- Klamath County Declares Drought Emergency
- Klamath County Air Stagnation Advisory